End of Year - Start Of Year Essential Tasks
Modified on: Sat, 19 Feb, 2022 at 2:37 PM
Warning: Before transferring, importing or updating any new staff or student accounts for each academic school year, it is important to run the EOY/SOY Rollover and associated procedures.
Follow these End of Year - Start of Year Essential Tasks steps in the precise order below to successfully rollover current students from one academic year to the next in just a few minutes.
The following steps are in correct sequence. Read the steps and link to the respective further documentation in each step prior to staring your rollover process:
- Run the end of year - start of year rollover for and set current academic period.
- Create a new academic cohort for the lowest incoming year level, e.g., Class of 2035 or Class of 2035-36. Ensure the End date of Class of 2034 is 31/12/2035 (southern hemisphere), or 30/06/2036 (northern hemisphere), or locally defined end-of-school-year-date.
- Step through manual patron registration or ad hoc patron import to add academic year levels and form classes. Note: If you are intending to import patrons you will need the appropriate CSV file ready before starting Step 1.
- Set the loan due date rules rules for your library before loaning any resources.
- Add new Staff members to an appropriate Library Group so that they can find and borrow items from your library.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?