Infiniti provides a list of academic periods, only one of which can be current at any time. You are required to nominate which Academic Period is the current academic period for the current school year. Academic Periods reflect the naming convention you use to identify each academic period from school year to school year.
Note: It is essential to ensure that you nominate which Academic Period is current either at the very end of the outgoing year after End of Year - Start of Year Rollover of students, or at the beginning of the new school year before any patron import or transfer occurs.
This is an essential step to ensure that your patron imports align with the correct Cohorts, Academic Year levels and most importantly Form classes. Previous year Form classes are discarded when the new academic period is set.
Note: Best practice is to set the new Academic Period before importing your patrons for the new academic or school year. Previous year Form classes are discarded for processing purpose after the new academic period is set, so do not import Form classes until the Rollover is finished and the new academic period set for the new school year.
Go to: Settings> Cohorts > Academic Periods
- To add a new Academic Period descriptor:
- - add the academic period if necessary.
- To edit an Academic Period descriptor:
- - to edit the academic period if necessary.
- the Current Period, e.g., 2022 (southern hemisphere), or 2022/23 (northern hemisphere).
- This auto updates the academic period for each Cohort in use.
- Imported ad hoc form groups now will appear under the current Academic Period.