The Infiniti On-boarding Process has a number of critical steps. We encourage you to read the following and to liaise and coordinate with your IT support person for delivering your database backup and ensuring you can join webinars. Tip: All communication is via email so keep an eye on your spam folder to make sure you are not missing out on important messages.
The critical steps in the process are:
- Ensure you can connect to these sites on the Internet:
- The backup delivery site (called FTP) for your database backup. You can click here to test that you can connect to our FTP server from behind your school's firewall. The username = testconnection and the password = concord123. Once you prove you can connect then you should be able to deliver your database backup at the scheduled time. Just to be sure, try to connect using a standard FTP Client Application like FileZilla or WinSCP (there are others). Tip: If you are blocked from connecting by your school firewall try using a mobile phone to create a hotspot and connect that way.
- The webinar site called Zoom (click here to test that you can connect to zoom.us) from behind your school's firewall so you can participate in your training webinars on the designated dates. Once you prove you can connect then you will be able to join your webinars on schedule. We will supply you with the necessary webinar connection details at the appropriate time. Tip: If you can't connect to Zoom from behind your school's firewall, try connecting from outside your school's firewall or use a smart phone hotspot.
- You will receive an email message from our Infiniti Community Portal within a couple of days asking you to register with this community. Register immediately (your email address will be your username so you only have to supply a suitable password) and then submit a ticket nominating any other people in your library who needs to access this support server. Tell us their first and last name, email address, and their role in your library. Remind them to register as soon as they receive their invitations to join.
- Ensure you are able to connect to Zoom (zoom.us) webinar platform from behind your school's firewall so you can participate in your training webinars on the designated dates. If you are able to get to the Zoom website then you will be able to join your webinars on schedule. We will supply you with the correct webinar connection details at the appropriate time. Tip: If you can't connect to Zoom from behind your school's firewall, try connecting from outside your school's firewall or use a smart phone hotspot.
- As soon as you receive your FTP connection and login details via email from Infiniti Community Portal, which is usually within a few days of starting your on-boarding, do a test connection and a test upload by FTPing a sample file to your FTP space. Tip: If you can't get the file to upload try a different FTP Client Application.
- On the scheduled date (or earlier if convenient) FTP your backup as early in the day as possible and notify us by logging into the Infiniti Community Portal using your recently received login details.
- As soon as your data is ready for you to review it for the first time you will receive an invitation to connect to your Infiniti Library and search the catalogue. This will give you the opportunity to see your data in Infiniti and do some preliminary data checking before your scheduled staging webinar.
- On the scheduled date and time for your staging connect to your webinar using the link in your calendar.
- As you near the staging completion date, or after you complete staging, you can schedule your cataloguing webinar for a suitable date. Note that you will have to ensure your connection to Zoom is still operational for your cataloguing webinar.
You will be directed to other more detailed documentation to read over the coming weeks.