The Infiniti On-boarding Process has a number of critical steps. We encourage you to read the following and to liaise and coordinate with your IT support person for delivering your database backup and ensuring you can join webinars. Tip: All communication is via email so keep an eye on your spam folder to make sure you are not missing out on important messages.
The critical steps in the process are:
- You will receive an email message from our Infiniti Community Portal within a couple of days asking you to register with this community. Register immediately (you only have to supply a suitable password) and then submit a ticket nominating any other people in your library who need to access this support server. Tell us their first and last name, email address, and their role in your library. Remind them to register as soon as they receive their invitations to join.
- Ensure you are able to connect to our FTP server from behind your school's firewall so your IT support can upload your backup on the designated date. Use a standard FTP Client Application like FileZilla or WinSCP (there are many others) to connect. If you are able to get to the login page then you will be able to upload the backup on schedule. We will supply you with login details at the appropriate time. Tip: If you can't connect to our FTP server from behind your school's firewall, try connecting from outside your school's firewall or use a smart phone hotspot.
- Ensure you are able to connect to Zoom (zoom.us) webinar platform from behind your school's firewall so you can participate in your training webinars on the designated dates. If you are able to get to the Zoom website then you will be able to join your webinars on schedule. We will supply you with webinar connection details at the appropriate time. Tip: If you can't connect to Zoom from behind your school's firewall, try connecting from outside your school's firewall or use a smart phone hotspot.
- As soon as you receive your FTP connection and login details via email from Infiniti Community, which is usually within a few days of starting the on-boarding, do a test connection and a test upload by FTPing a sample file to your FTP space. Tip: If you can't get the file to upload try different FTP Client Application.
- On the scheduled date (or earlier if convenient) upload your backup as early in the day as possible and notify us by logging into the Infiniti Community Portal using your recently received login details. support ticket when the upload has finished.
- As soon as your data is ready for first review you will receive an invitation to connect to your Infiniti Library and search the catalogue. This gives you the opportunity to see your data and do some preliminary before checking before your scheduled staging webinar.
- On the scheduled date and time connect to your staging webinar using the link in your calendar.
- After you complete staging you can schedule your cataloguing webinar for a suitable date.
You will be directed to other more details documentation to read over the coming weeks.