Pre-authentication allows patrons (students and teachers) to connect directly from another web application such as a learning management system or LibGuides into Infiniti without requiring the patron to login to Infiniti.
Go to: Settings> Display > Preauthenticated Display
Note: Pre-authentication allows the library manager to determine who will be able to create dynamic pre-authenticated links to catalogued resources from other applications. Pre-authenticated connections are anonymous (anyone can click on the link) and are ideal when Single Sign On (SSO) is not available.
- Who Can Create Anonymous Access Links:
- No one - feature disabled - you are not using pre-authenticated links.
- Librarian - anyone with Librarian privileges.
- Librarians and Staff - anyone enabled as a staff member.
- Anyone - any registered students or teacher.
- Anonymous Users Are Treated As - choose an active generic user account that will determine which resources will be available to anyone who clicks the pre-authenticated link. Note: The only user accounts that will list here are those for profiles registered as a generic user profile and the account selected will determine what resources the pre-authenticated link will display.
- Anonymous Link Access Token - will generate automatically. Note: This token is important for your security.
- - regenerate this token for links other than portal links and re-embed the new links as necessary. Note: If you believe that the pre-authenticated links have been compromised you can regenerate the token and apply it to each link currently in use.
How To Generate Links
- Ensure Adit has been enabled. Note: Adit provides a way to allow guest or anonymous users to connect to your catalogue without being authenticated.
- When resources displayed in OPAC results show the generate link, copy the HTML code generated and paste it into your target application. Note: This generates a hyperlink so your target application must support embedding of hyperlinks.
- From a My Lists display generate linkfor a selected list, copy the HTML code generated and paste it to your target application. Note: This generates a hyperlink so your target application must support embedding of hyperlinks.
- From a LibPaths portal page linkfor selected widget, check Use Adit (if enabled), copy the embed code generated and paste it into your target application. Note: This generates an iFrame embed code so your target application must support embedding of iFrames.
How Pre-authentication Works
|Current State of User Access||Pre-authentication Enabled||Pre-authentication Disabled|
|User not logged in, i.e., no current active session||User will be given anonymous access as the generic associated with the link||User will be challenged to login|
|User logged in, i.e., has a current active session||User will be given their normal access which may be more or less than the generic account access||User will be given their normal access|
|SSO enabled in both applications||User will be given their normal access||User will be given their normal access|