Pre-authentication allows patrons (students and teachers) to connect directly from another application such as a learning management system or LibGuides into Infiniti without requiring the patron to login to Infiniti.
Go to: Settings> Display > Preauthenticated Display
Note: Pre-authentication allows the library manager to determine who will be able to create dynamic links to Infiniti resources and embed those links into other applications. Pre-authentication behaves differently for SSO
- Set Who Can Create Anonymous Access Links:
- No one - feature disabled - no registered patrons.
- Librarian - anyone with Librarian privileges.
- Librarians and Staff - any person enabled as a staff member.
- Anyone - any registered patron.
- Set which user Anonymous Users Are Treated As. Note: The only users that will list in this dropdown list are those for profiles registered as a generic user profile.
- The Anonymous Link Access Token will generate automatically. Note: This token is important for your security. If you believe that pre-authenticated links have been compromised you should regeneratethis token and regenerate and re-embed the links.
- Ensure Adit has been enabled. Note: Adit provides a way to allow guest or anonymous users to connect to your catalogue with being authenticated.
- From OPAC resource details display generate linkfor selected resource, copy the HTML code generated and paste it into your target application. Note: This generates a hyperlink so your target application must support embedding of hyperlinks.
- From a My Lists display generate linkfor selected list, copy the HTML code generated and paste it to your target application. Note: This generates a hyperlink so your target application must support embedding of hyperlinks.
- From a LibPaths portal page linkfor selected widget, check Use Adit (if enabled), copy the embed code generated and paste it to your target application. Note: This generates an iframe embed code so your target application must support embedding of iframes.
How Pre-authentication Works
|Current State of User Access||Pre-authentication Enabled||Pre-authentication Disabled|
|User not logged in, i.e., no current active session||User will be given generic or anonymous access||User will be challenged to login|
|User logged in, i.e., has a current active session||User will be given their normal access||User will be given their normal access|
|SSO enabled in relevant applications||User will be given their normal access||User will be given their normal access|