Why add a cover image manually?
Occasionally Syndetics and/or SCIS, which supply all the automatic cover links, will store an incorrect image for the ISBN you have catalogued. The ISBN may have been re-used and a different image is now attached. You may just wish to add an image to equipment or other catalogued items for clarity.
Hints and tips:
- Search for an image for your ISBN or equipment through your web browser
- Check your image/photo is the best size, we recommend up to 150 x 180 pixels and between 20-50KB for each image.
- Save the image as a .jpg or .png file
What to do:
- Go to Cataloging > search for the Title or ISBN > Open the Bib record on the screen
- Click on the upload button below the existing image or placeholder
- Click Choose your file then Select the file
- Save the Bib record to retain the uploaded image.
We recommend you check any copyright issues which may apply to the image which you wish to add to a resource in Infiniti.