Patron images can be imported to enhance the visual appearance of patrons in Circulation and User screens.
Preparing An Import File
- Recommended size - 20 - 50 KB.
- Recommended format - jpg or png. Note: Bitmap images should not be used.
- Recommended dimensions - 300 x 400 pixels.
- Image layout - portrait.
Note: Individual patron images must be named using the patron's Admin ID - naming pattern is adminid.jpg.
Zipping Images Using a Windows Computer:
- Using Windows Explorer navigate to the folder containing the images you wish to import.
- Open the folder
- Highlight just the images to be imported. Note: Do not include any folders at any level.
- Right click on the highlighted images.
- Choose 'Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder'.
- Ensure your zipped file is less than 32MB - make multiple zipped files if necessary.
Note: Other third party zip programs may not produce a reliable zip file for this import process.
Note: Best practice is to prepare a trial import file with a small number of images to become familiar with the process.
Go to: System > Users> Imports> Images tab
- to import.
- Click to import the images.